Fishing Report @EJS Fishing Charters for Friday October 16, 2021

 Fishing Report @EJS Fishing Charters for Friday October 16, 2021

 

We left from Alsdorf Park in Pompano Beach at 6 am. It was dark and just a few minutes past high tide. 75% moon and a light NE wind. The conditions were excellent, and I was hoping for a boat load of Wahoo for my customers by 8 am.

I was using a new setup Nomad DTX Minnows 165, 200 and 220 plus a Yozuri Bonita. 4 lines highspeed at about 10 knots. These lures in the past, like my Rapala’s tend to get tangled and ruin your morning, but I have been working out a strategy with a friend to fix that.

I spent 2 hours zipping in and out of every Pompano reef from 130 to 350 feet and had not a single tangle. That part of the trip was great. The bad news is we didn’t hit a single Wahoo.

We picked up a few Backfins and turned out. I added a few squids and feathers to the outriggers and picked up more tuna and started getting Mahi hits. Some decent keepers but nothing worth bragging about. My customers were happy and had lots of fish to take home.

Overall, I am very happy with the Nomads performance. And can’t wait to try the spread again.

 

Jordan Schleider

USCG Captain

EJS Fishing Charters

http://ejscharters.com

561-447-7148

600 E Palmetto Park Rd

Boca Raton FL 33432





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fishing report Tuesday November 16, 2021

Fishing Report Tuesday November 9th 2021 EJS Fishing Charters

Fishing report 11/23/21 Tuesdays